Why telemental health?
Think of telemental health care as an extended and supportive method in addition to conventional mental health services. Mental health care has many challenges such as: counseling centers at capacity, long wait lists, students who feel that they don’t have enough choices, where to meet and with whom to meet, and specialities that are not covered by their centers.
Telemental health care helps you not only do more but do better. It can expand the reach to outside counselors, provide better follow-up mechanisms and reminders as well as providing students with more options of when and where to meet.
Most students are open to using telemental health and it also provides counselors with a wide variety of innovative choices and strategies for mental interventions, in addition to significant follow ups and accountability.
Are you ready to implement telehealth?
It might seem overwhelming and daunting to implement a telehealth strategy on your campus. There are other tools that claim to allow for video calls and text messages, but how do you know:
- What is the best workflow for your campus culture?
- Is this platform secure enough?
- How will we be able to keep track of appointments and student progress?
- How do we go about offering this service to students?
This is where UniWellness comes in. We are experts not only at the technology portion, but at helping you create a telehealth strategy, define your performance metrics and configuring our platform to fit your exact needs.
If your counseling center is struggling with any of these problems, UniWellness is the solution.
- Your current staff works more than capacity.
- You are currently have to turn away students due to lack of resources.
- You feel that you do not reach all your students with mental health issues
- You lack time to devote to outreach programs.
- You are interested in expanding the reach and resources of your counseling center
- You are aware of the benefits of telemental health, but are unsure how to implement in your campus in a secure and scalable way
- You already use resources for video calls but they are not easy to use, or not HIPAA compliant
How to go about implementing telehealth?
Implementing telehealth with UNI is a process not just a platform purchase. We want to help you assist in getting your counselors and students onboard and start accessing their resources online, and help them follow best practices to make sure that they are taking care of their emotional wellbeing.
In our first meeting, we will determine the best implementation for your school. We may ask questions such as:
- What does your intake process look like
- Do you need a crisis center?
- How many students do you have?
- How many students can you treat?
- Do you want/need to add external counselors?
- What resources do you have that don’t require a counselor?
And more. We want to understand your school so we can best support you.
What happens next?
After we have determined an ideal workflow and configuration, we will set up your unique domain. Configured to your school, your ideal workflow and brand. Once your platform is ready, training sessions will be offered for your administrators and counselors, to maximize the use of the platform.
UniWellness will also aid you at creating awareness materials to get your students to sign up and use the platform. Once you are ready to go, we will provide ongoing support and guidance as well as metrics and indicators on how UniWellness is performing.
Interested in learning more? Contact us!