After browsing our site and reading a number of blog posts, you have a grasp as to what UniWellness is and even why your school could benefit from implementing the telemental health care platform for your students’ social and emotional well-being. Yet, you may be wondering “but how does UniWellness work?”.
But before we get to “how UniWellness works”, let us go over what it is.
UniWellness is an online mental health platform branded to each organization, making the product unique to your school or private practice.
UniWellness fills gaps in college mental health care by allowing:
Educational Institutions to:
- Meet the growing demand for student mental health services
- Offer extended hour visits
- Provide social and emotional support to students, faculty/staff
- Bring in outside specialists as needed
- Encourage students to ask for help before a crisis arises
- Allow new students to continue to meet virtually with their trusted counselors “from home”
- Meet with their on-campus counselors when getting to the counseling center is not feasible due to a mental health condition, stigma and fear of peers’ perceptions, or a busy schedule.
- Maintain their therapeutic relationships with the counselors they were seeing at home.
- Seek specialty care, which often is not offered on college campuses, for concerns like eating disorders and substance use.
Now that you have a better understanding of what UniWellness is and how it can benefit your organization, below is a basic guide to how UniWellness works!
The UniWellness telemental platform is easy to navigate for both student and counselor alike.
- Update profile information
- Set schedule availability
- Read and send messages
- Accept/Deny appointment requests
- Keep track of current day’s agenda and upcoming appointments
- Take Notes, Share files & more…
- Search counselors based on services, specialty and/or location
- View counselor profile, education, qualifications, patient reviews
- Choose a counselor, request an apppointment
- Send and receive messages
- Keep track of upcoming appointments
- and more…
Again, this is a basic guide of how UniWellness works. For much more in-depth information and a full walk-through, request a free Demo today.