When you partner with UniWellness, you care for the whole student. Now that you’ve decided to provide more accessible mental health care for your students, it’s time to analyze the current status of mental health care at your institution as well your goals for improving social-emotional well-being on campus.
When considering whether to invest in telehealth, here are few important points to consider:
- How is your counseling center being used?
- Is your counseling center meeting the demand of students who need services?
- What is the demand for and usage of each service offered by the counseling center?
- How much of counselors’ time is spent on crisis evaluation and management?
- How many no-shows does your counseling center have each year?
- How many students are being turned away because the counselors on campus do not specialize in their conditions? How many students are being turned away because their conditions are too severe?
- How many of them have a counselor from home that they see during breaks?
- What are the demographics of the students using your counseling center?
- The state of mental health on your campus
- What percentage of your student body is utilizing the counseling center each semester?
- What percentage of your student body is utilizing crisis services each semester?
- What percentage of your student body receives accommodations for a mental health condition?
- Are your students overwhelmed? Do they receive off-campus psychiatric services? Do they feel supported? Many colleges and universities obtain this information by administering a survey to evaluate their students’ social-emotional well-being.
- How you can fund telehealth at your institution
- Can telehealth fit into your counseling center budget already?
- Is it possible to raise student fees by $10, $20, or $50 per semester?
- If your institution is public, are there health- or technology-related grants available from your state government?
A telemental solution will allow you to enhance the reach and resources your school invests in the social-emotional well-being and ultimate success of your student body. UniWellness provides you with a branded telemental health solution and a mentorship designed to create a strategic plan to care for the whole student.
This is a big step, but you don’t have to do it alone. Our team is here to help you every step of the way. We can help you answer these questions and track specific and measurable targets as you move toward your goals.
Want to learn more?